Monday 25 August 2014

Robin Williams Tribute by Liquid Sky Lacquer

Alright, I've been bad. I did not post this when I should have.

On August 11th, we lost a legend. A truly incredible, talented, hilarious person that we all knew and loved. Robin Williams will never be forgotten. 

I was very upset upon hearing the news. I didn't know what to feel. I've never personally known or met Robin, but I grew up watching his movies. He was always a staple in comedy. I didn't know how to feel, so my immediate thought was - how can I personally honor him? So I thought, a mani!  I tried doing a Genie inspired mani but it didn't turn out the way I wanted it. I was extremely disappointed. 


I ONLY took a picture of this mani to show my boyfriend, Ricky, why I didn't like it. That's why it's such a bad picture. I immediately took it off, determined to try something else. 
I went through many thought processes and many manis and was never truly satisfied. 
I ended up doing a blue and green alternating mani to represent Genie and Flubber, however it was very poorly done after the hours of trying so I did not take a picture. 

THAT'S WHEN THIS HAPPENED:


Liquid Sky Lacquer made a trio of polishes solely dedicated to Robin Williams. AND, ALL proceeds are going towards charity! 50% to Families For Depression Awareness and 50% to National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Depression and suicide related things are VERY close to my heart. No words can express how thrilled I was to come upon this. 

This was posted here, with all the information. 

The reason I am bad is because I did not post this with the information when it was announced. There was a specific release time with a certain amount being sold. At the time I was very busy with work, I even had to get someone to order for me. (I got a mini Genie polish... Canadian shipping isn't in my budget above what I spent) 

So basically she sold them like this.. 

Mini - $13.10
Full Size - $25   



Genie, You're Free is a sheer blue jelly with black, red, and blue hexes of different sizes with fine holo gold hex.
Mini - $4.75
Full Size - $9  



I <3 You With Every Cell, Every Atom is a glitter bomb with neon green, red, black, and white hexes of different sizes.
Mini - $4.75 
Full Size - $9   


O Captain! My Captain! is a glitter bomb with black, red, white, and gray hex glitters in different sizes.
Mini - $4.75
Full Size - $9 


I highly recommend you purchase from her, specifically these polishes to help VERY important causes that don't get enough recognition, and to remember and honor an incredible human being. Once I receive my Genie, You're Free! polish, I WILL do a mani and post it. 

Thank you so much Liquid Sky Lacquer for doing this. It means a lot to many people. I hope someday I can afford the other two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment