Monday 8 September 2014

Maybelline Baby Lips Limited Edition Swatches & Review!

Hey! 
I recently got two Limited Edition Baby Lips by Maybelline on clearance at Shoppers Drug Mart and I have been LOVING them, so I thought I'd attempt a review and swatches! Keep in mind I've never done this before so it may be horrid, but bear with me. 

The first one is called Very Berry 


It has pink and purple packaging, it differs from normal Baby Lips because the tube and the bottom part are two different colours, while regularly it's all the same. 


There is quite a bit of product inside. The colour of the balm is a bright/deepISH pink (I'm not good with explaining colours, obviously). It smells SO amazing. It smells like sweet berries (shocking) (it wouldn't focus on the balm so aren't my pants cute)


It's quite pigmented on my hand, especially for a lip balm! 


And that's how it is on the lips! (don't mind my bleh looking lips..) GREAT colour pay off!
It applies beautifully and feels SO moisturizing! 

Next up is Rose Rush


This one has the same style of packaging as all Baby Lips and the same colour scheme of Very Berry. The tube colour is a light pink and the writing and twisty part are orange! (orange?) 


The amount of lip balm is the same as Very Berry (obviously) but this one is orange. It has a very subtle scent, a little bit like roses. Kind of hard to describe.


This one was harder to photograph because the lighting in my bathroom is incredibly yellow, so I pulled up the picture I took for my haul post. The pigmentation is pretty good, not as good as Very Berry but that's because it's a softer colour. 


Aaand here is the comparison between my bare lips and Rose Rush. I'm assuming it's the lighting but Rose Rush is much more red in person! It applies so nicely and it's instantly moisturizing. 

Overall Review: 

I LOVE these lip balms! They're better than all the other Baby Lips (aside from the Dr. Rescue ones) They have great colour pay off, they're moisturizing, they last a decent amount of time (obviously not like a lipstick) and I find their scents very pleasant. They were SO worth the money! Even if they weren't on clearance!

Would you recommend it? Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment