Tuesday 13 January 2015

Julep Sweep - The Photogenic Eyeshadow Palette Review + Swatches

This is long over-do, since I've had this palette since before Christmas. There's been some controversy over this palette since people started receiving it since the original picture didn't match the actual product. This was never addressed, but they did end up changing the picture: 
Unfortunately, I had ordered it for the top picture, not the bottom, so already I was disappointed. However I love eye shadow and was SUUUPER excited to try it anyway. 

To me, the eye shadows on my skin don't even look like the eye shadows in the pot. They come off more orange-toned than they appear. Another problem is this eye shadow has REALLY bad fall out. I end up getting shadow all over my face. Even swatching them got everywhere. I wanted to love this SO. MUCH, and I will still use it but I could have lived without it. The packaging is gorgeous, though. 
I'd pass on this palette and go for something more high-end, but that's just my opinion. 

If you do want to try it out, the link is here.

2 comments:

  1. I had the same oranging issue with their first palette! Thats why I had no interest in this one! But I had hoped they fixed that issue! Booo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The orbital eyeshadows are much better in my opinion :)

      Delete